Friday, May 9, 2014

OH SNAP!

Yes I did it.  I SNAPPED.  It was a stupid thing too.  Spilled water.  Intentionally spilled as I yelled STOP!!!!!  I lost my temper and threw one of the biggest Mommy tantrums of my 7 year career over spilled water.  Long story short, the stress level in the house has been a bit high.  Although M and R play well, with all the added noise and chaos in the house M has developed a stutter.  And O?  Let's just say that he and I took a mental health day yesterday. 
I have been reading a book called Simplicity Parenting .  In it the author suggests when your kids get too stressed that we stop everything.  Take a weekend to do nothing.  Take a day off school and activities and just unwind. 
After my tantrum (most of it took place in my room) it was time to take O to school.  My stomach was in knots and I could tell O was wound so tight- he had tears in his eyes while putting on his shoes. He had a rough evening the night before and in the morning it just continued.  It dawned on me that his negative behavior (which may or may not have been the main contributing factor to my melt down) was due to the stress he is feeling with all the changes in the dynamics of our family.  And he just needed a break from his normal routine to not worry for a day.  I think it helped. 
It is late now, but I don't want to leave you worrying about our mental wellness over here.  We are doing better after our day of nothing.  I need to get more sleep, worry less, and sleep more!       






 
While our Social worker and Case Manager were visiting this week the boys kept busy filling the window sill with cars and action figures. 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment