Thursday, April 24, 2014

The Good followed by the Bad

A great day on Wednesday!  I took M to his The Little Gym class.  I was worried about how R would respond to M going in and not him.  At first he didn't notice because he was playing with toys.  Once he caught a glimpse of the gym he wanted to go in.  Teacher Tracie was so kind, she took him in and he absolutely lit up!  He just followed all the other kids and did whatever the teachers told him to do.  It was really a pleasant day all the way around.  I had a couple Mommy brag moments when M spent an hour cleaning up his gigantic toy mess pretty much by himself.  And O folded and put away his laundry with out my help.  I was feeling pretty good as a mom.  Thought maybe I'd even write my own parenting book.  Call it something like, "Give your Children Wings."  or "The laid back parenting guide." 
And then Thursday happen.  I would like to take back my screaming. 
6am when I hear a squeaky bed room door open, I groan.  I drag myself down the stairs, grab a blanket and pillow, and curl up on the floor while R plays.  A little while later the boys come down and start playing.  And shortly after that the arguing begins.  R likes to take the toys and books that the boys are using which doesn't go over well.  And the day moves forward in this fashion until bed time.  A few high lights were dropping off books at the library carrying a screaming R to the car.  And pretty much screaming from the moment we walked into Fred Meyer and he saw the left over Easter Candy display.  I never wanted to take R to the grocery store for this very reason.  Food provokes a lot of memories and emotions for people and I just knew that the grocery store would be a trigger for a lot of fits.  And he didn't disappoint.  But we survived a quick trip for eggs and bread.  Looks like I am night shopping for the foreseeable future. 
Usually I wait a few days before writing about things that happen.  It gives me time to filter and edit my thoughts and get perspective on the situation.  But today is a day I would like to vent about and then move on from.  Nothing horrible happened, just a day in the life of a mom.  A tired mom who is going to bed... right after I clean out my purse. 

                                                          

No comments:

Post a Comment