Friday, April 11, 2014

A Very Late Night

I so need to go to bed right now.  Just wanted to update everyone on my day... ok not the whole day.  Just the high lights.  We had 2 kids join our family today!  A boy, almost 3.  And a girl, one year old.  They are hearty children.  They drank a quarter of a gallon of milk this evening.  R is the happiest little boy I have ever met.  He cracks himself up.  The minute he walked in the door he started playing with all our toys and didn't stop even for dinner. This evening we were in the church parking lot and he stood with the toes of his galoshes on the edge of the curb, looked at me with a big smile like I was supposed to count down for him to jump.  His knees bent, momentum went forward, but the feet never left the ground.  Landed on the pavement right on his arms.  He got right up and jibbered some jabber and off we went in the car.  B is a typical one year old little sister.  Just trying to play with her brothers closely guarded toys and steal his sippy cup.  She sings and dances to music and at this moment her snores are coming through the baby monitor loud and clear. 
Tomorrow I will give more detail about the whole day, for now I am going to bed way too late.  Jake jinxed me last night when he convinced me to stay up to watch Survivor we had recorded.  He said "You can sleep all weekend."
The first night is sooooo difficult.  Putting kids to bed that you have never met and no instructions is a big game of trial and error.  You really have to try every trick in the book before you figure out their night time habits. 
Please forgive any spelling or grammar errors!  Good night!     

1 comment:

  1. Way to go surviving the first night - and all by yourself! I hope they fit right in with your boys when they get home. :)

    ReplyDelete